Sync with Dropbox fails from Mac to iPhone / iPad - please help me resolve Sync Problems!

mrmatthewt
mrmatthewt
Community Member

Hi, sync from Mac to iPhone/iPad AND from iPhone/iPad to Mac is totally failing, and I’d appreciate some help resolving this issue.

I’m Syncing to a Dropbox Account, on the “Primary” Vault - /sync services/1Password/1Password.opvault

At least that’s what I WAS using. It used to Sync properly. Now, it doesn’t! I’ve made numerous changes to my 1Password passwords on Mac, but the changes are not showing up on the iPhone or iPad version.

When I go into iPhone’s Settings (or iPad's setting) and tap Sync Now, it claims to sync - but none of the changes I’ve made on Mac are showing up on either iPhone or iPad.

Similarly, if I make changes to the iPhone or iPad set of 1Password data, it does not Sync back to the Mac. It's essentially like there are two different split / forked data sets now.

The only sync that IS working is between iPhone and iPad. When I change the iPhone data, the changes show up on iPad, and vice versa.

So there are basically two data piles: iOS (syncs between iPhone and iPad) and Mac. But, totally crazy-making, all 3 devices CLAIM to be using the EXACT same Dropbox Primary Vault!

This is a mission-critical fatal flaw that’s really harming my workflow. Hope you can help! Thank you.

PS - I’m using 1Password Version 7.8.6 (70806001) on MacOS 11.4, on a 2020 M1 MacBook Air, and on iPhone I’m using Version 7.7.6 on iOS 14.6. Also using Version 7.7.6 of 1Password on iPad OS 14.6.

1Password Version: Mac: 7.8.6 (70806001), iPhone/iPad: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.6, Mac OS 11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mrmatthewt
    mrmatthewt
    Community Member

What the HECK is going on here? Sync was working perfectly until very recently. I remember a new version of 1Password 7 was pushed out recently. Did that new version destroy/disable/deprecate syncing to Dropbox? If so.... WHAT THE HECK? I paid good money for my 1 Password 7 license, and I have absolutely no wish to switch over to this subscription pricing. If the "new version" of 1 Password 7 forcibly disables syncing, that is a total rip-off, a scam, and a slap in the face to a loyal customer who has been using 1 Password (and paid a ton for it). I want answers!!!!!

• mrmatthewt
    mrmatthewt
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

Okay, wait a second, the plot thickens: I found an official online statement, from a 1Password team member, that 1Password 7 does and continues to support Sync. So Sync not working for me is, I hope, an unintentional BUG and not an intentional deprecation.

See here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/121638/what-is-the-future-of-local-standalone-vaults#latest

from dteare Team Member June 19 edited June 19
    "1Password 7 will not be changing and can continue to be used with all currently available sync methods"

This was posted on June 19th, 1 month ago. I want my Dropbox Sync back - I rely on this syncing method!

• mrmatthewt
    mrmatthewt
    Community Member

soshiito, with all due respect - I would appreciate if you would please NOT spread misleading information.

The 1Password team member dteare specifically stated 1Password 7 continues to support existing Sync methods, so let's give the 1Password team a chance to respond to my problem before we jump to conclusions. Thank you!

• Dave_1P
    edited July 2021

@soshiito If someone has purchased a standalone license for 1Password 7 then they can continue to use 1Password 7 with iCloud and Dropbox sync as they've been able to do so before.

@mrmatthewt You are correct. Dropbox sync is not deprecated for 1Password 7 license holders and it has not been disabled for anyone. You can continue to use Dropbox sync (although I really recommending moving to a subscription) and this feature will not be disabled for license holders of 1Password 7.

I'm sorry to hear about the sync issues that you've run into. I see that you've sent in an email to our support team and one of my colleagues has just sent you a reply. I recommend proceeding through email and I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of effort.

ref: CYD-48844-544

This discussion has been closed.