Feature request: toggle identities, credit cards, logins

Options

I think this was in the popup window before and am bummed it isn't now. I think I used to be able to get to identities by clicking one button rather than having to go to a dropdown window and choose it. Same with credit cards.

I use command \ to prompt autofill.

Thanks,
Kim

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.7.BETA-0 (70807000) 1Passw
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.3.1
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @khb54321 ,

If you want to change 1Password's popup window to Logins/Credit cards/Identities, it always required you to change the filter on the top left corner of the window using the dropdown menu of the filter.

When I say "Always" I mean ever since 1Password 7 came out. You may be referring to a previous version of 1Password (that is more than a few years old now).
    May I suggest an alternative? Please try this:

1. Press CMD+\ to bring up 1Password's window.
    2. Instead of changing the filter in the dropdown menu, simply start typing the name of the item you need (e.g. "amex" or "personal address"). 1Password should find it within the first few letters you type in.

Keep in mind this method will only work if you named your items with a logical and unique name (e.g. "My Amex" or "Personal Address Boston" etc) and that you remember more or less what the item you are looking for is named. You can easily edit your items and change their name/title to fit this method and make it easier for you to find exactly what you need by typing the first 3-4 letters of its name in 1Password's search when you call it with the keyboard shortcut.

I hope you'll find this useful!

• khb54321
    khb54321
    Community Member
    Options

I'll bet it was a version earlier than 7. I guess I've been annoyed without it for a long time. The tip about starting to type the name is useful. I have my credit cards names begin with a , b , and c , so that they show up in my order of preference, so it'll be easy to bring those up.
    Thank you!
    -Kim

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad I could help, Kim :)

This discussion has been closed.