How to convert an item from login to credit card category? Do I have to re-create the item?

Options
xandarar
xandarar
Community Member

My partner entered his items as all logins. Didn't realize they could be assigned to credit card, software license, etc. So how to convert the ones that need to be a specific category? And since we want to put some of these in a shared vault -- how to show the items aggregated by the category to which they are assigned? The aggregation happens fine in my personal vault -- Credit Cards, Banks, Drivers License, etc. But in the shared vault they are just all lumped together in one long list. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 7.8.6
OS Version: OS Big Sur 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to create a category

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @xandarar!

So how to convert the ones that need to be a specific category?

Items cannot be converted from one category to another (the only exception is changing a Password item into a Login item, since that only involves adding a username field). In every other case you will need to create a new Credit Card item from scratch.

And since we want to put some of these in a shared vault -- how to show the items aggregated by the category to which they are assigned? The aggregation happens fine in my personal vault -- Credit Cards, Banks, Drivers License, etc. But in the shared vault they are just all lumped together in one long list.

It sounds like in your Private vault you might have your items sorted by Category:

If you Shared vault has items sorted by Title, for example, it would explain what you are seeing. In that case just click on the "items sorted by" below the search field (as you can see in the screenshot), and select Category from there.

• xandarar
    xandarar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I do have it sorted by category -- but there are no headers for the categories they way there are in my personal vault. I tried to attach a screen shot -- but only get odd text ... Too bad about having to create a new item for things like credit cards, driver's license, etc. Maybe that's why there are no category headings?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@xandarar:

I tried to attach a screen shot -- but only get odd text ...

Have you tried attaching it by clicking on this icon?

• xandarar
    xandarar
    Community Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

Yes -- I'll try again.

[removed by 1Password staff because it included personal information - this is a public forum]

This is what I get.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2021
    Options

@xandarar:

Thank you! I have managed to reproduce this behavior, so I will let the developers know :+1:

I have also removed your screenshot from your post for your privacy, since it included your personal email address.

ref: apple-2557

• xandarar
    xandarar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks -- look forward to a resolution. In the meantime will get my partner to "redo" all the non-log in ites. Sigh.....

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @xandarar, let us know if there is anything we can help with :+1:

This discussion has been closed.