General feedback on client

Options

I suspect that this is just functionality that the team is still working on porting over, but I have some vaults in my account that are purely for archival purposes, and I don't want them showing up in the app. There's no way to mark which vaults to sync right now.

The 'Show in browser' field is now gone, so there's now login items that I'd marked as 'false' showing up in my browser.

The CTRL+\ shortcut is not invoking 1Password.

Just in general, the spam filter on these forums is ridiculous - 1 post every 120s makes it very difficult to separate out issues into their own threads, unless you specifically want folks to report all feedback in one post.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @kop48, thanks so much for writing in!

I have some vaults in my account that are purely for archival purposes, and I don’t want them showing up in the app / The ‘Show in browser’ field is now gone, so there’s now login items that I’d marked as ‘false’ showing up in my browser.

For this case, I would suggest archiving those items - this is our new solution for storing items long-term. It will also prevent these items from being shown in the browser. :smile: https://blog.1password.com/introducing-archive/

The CTRL+\ shortcut is not invoking 1Password.

Are you looking to launch 1Password in the browser, or the 1Password desktop app? The default shortcut in the browser is Ctrl+Shift+X (or Ctrl+period in Firefox), and the default for the desktop app is Ctrl+Shift+\.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I like the archival solution!

Why has the keyboard invocation of 1Password changed? That's super-confusing to existing customers!

• @kop48

Thanks, I like the archival solution!

That's great! :smile: I'm glad that archive solution is going to suit your needs.

Why has the keyboard invocation of 1Password changed?

I do apologize for that - this shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+X) is the default for the browser extension. That said, you can change it to suit your needs in 1Password for the browser's settings. To find it, right-click the 1Password icon in your browser, click Settings, and then scroll down to Shortcuts, and adjust it according to your needs. :smile:

• Ben
    Options

Hey @kop48

Just in general, the spam filter on these forums is ridiculous - 1 post every 120s makes it very difficult to separate out issues into their own threads, unless you specifically want folks to report all feedback in one post.

I'm sorry that is getting in your way, but it is necessary to prevent the forum from being filled with posts by bots. ☹️ We'll continue to evaluate the spam prevention options available and work to provide the least friction for legitimate users while keeping spam and bots out.

Ben

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I do apologize for that - this shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+X) is the default for the browser extension. That said, you can change it to suit your needs in 1Password for the browser's settings. To find it, right-click the 1Password icon in your browser, click Settings, and then scroll down to Shortcuts, and adjust it according to your needs. :smile:

@Dayton_ag - unfortunately, you can't change it back to CMD+\, as Chromium browsers require two modifier keys. However, the main app is still saying that this shortcut on my Mac should invoke the app, but it's not:

I'm sorry that is getting in your way, but it is necessary to prevent the forum from being filled with posts by bots. ☹️ We'll continue to evaluate the spam prevention options available and work to provide the least friction for legitimate users while keeping spam and bots out.

@Ben - totally understand the intent, I'm just saying that you've got regular users who have existing reputation and are actively participating in your client betas. The current policy isn't transparent (I just get immediately slapped with a spam block if I post two posts too fast, and I have no idea of what 'too fast' is), and then the enforcement is draconian. I spend a ton of time trying to type out detailed responses to your questions (because I want 1Password to be better), but it feels almost not worth it when I get put on the spam block and have to go do something else, then completely forget to post because I lost the tab.

• @kop48

unfortunately, you can't change it back to CMD+\, as Chromium browsers require two modifier keys

AH. 🤦‍♂️ Yep, totally forgot about that. My bad! :sweat:

the main app is still saying that this shortcut on my Mac should invoke the app, but it's not

To confirm, is this affecting 1Password 7 for Mac? Or the Windows early access?

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

Both, but I noticed that it regressed the global shortcut once I changed my browser extension to work with the Windows build (my extension sync between machines).

• Good morning, @kop48! Thanks for the feedback. I also have some vaults that contain items I don't typically want to see. For that we created Vault Collections. You can create a new one from the user menu.

Mine currently says "Manage" because I already have some, but for you it should say "Create". Give that a try and let me know what you think.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni So, it doesn't look like this functionality is available in the Windows Early Access client?

• @kop48 You know what, you're absolutely right. It was switched on for the Mac Early Access and will make its debut in our regularly scheduled Windows beta next week.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

will make its debut in our regularly scheduled Windows beta next week

That's why I didn't know what these Vault Collections could be... :chuffed:

• Hey @DenalB, Collections should be up and running now in the Windows Early Access - take 'em for a whirl and let us know what you think! :smile:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Dayton_ag !

I'm on the NIGHTLY-channel and got these "Collections" to work! This is a great improvement! Now I only see the vault I want to see. :+1:
    Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear they're working well for you @DenalB!

Ben

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still not seeing collections in the browser extension, even though they're set up correctly in the main client. When can we expect to see these light up?

This discussion has been closed.