Trying to get 1Password onto new Samsung S21 phone

Options
EcotypeS
EcotypeS
Community Member

This is a new phone.

I tried entering the data from the scan -- it looks like it fills OK.

I've even tried typing everything in by hand and I get feedback if there is a typo in the email or a typo in the key. I've also checked and rechecked them, tried and retried them at least 10 times.

I also deleted the App and re-downloaded it so it should be current.

Based on the error, the problem has to be in either the sign-in address or the password.

I guess that the sign-in address should be https://my.1password.com -- it seemed to have been filled from the scan, so I assume it is OK.

I've typed the password in over and over again -- I use it on my computer daily, so yes, I do know what it is. But I don't see a way to make the phone show anything but one letter at a time, so hard to verify.

1Password oddly shows up on the default keyboard settings (set to off) -- Clueless what this does and if it could be messing up the password.

Any idea? I depend on 1Password -- it needs to work.

1Password Version: 7.7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Referrer: forum-search:Samsung

Comments

• Hello @EcotypeS thanks for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to hear there's an issue signing in to your account on a new device.

If you are able to sign in to your account at 1Password.com on another device or computer, navigate to My Profile and download a copy of your Emergency Kit or click to reveal your setup code. This will help make sure all the information you're filling is up to date.

Scan the setup code on your Emergency Kit or in your profile with your new Android device then type in your account password. To confirm that you're typing it correctly you can type your password in another app, like a text editor, so you can see that you’ve entered it correctly. Then copy and paste it into 1Password.

Let us know if that works! If you're still running in to issues we'd be happy to look into it further.

This discussion has been closed.