Setting up account

Options
JCL1967
JCL1967
Community Member

I am setting up a new 1password Family account. What is the sign-in address?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @JCL1967! 👋

You can use https://my.1password.com as the sign-in address for a 1Password Families account.

Once you login to your account I recommend that you download and save your Emergency Kit so that you have your sign-in address and Secret Key handy the next time that you need to sign-in on a new device.

Let me know if that helps.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Giving a sign-in address makes sense if you realize that 1Password offers different regions where the account/password data/vaults are stored: US (.com), Canada (.ca), Europe (.eu). Each of these has its own sign-in address.

For new users, this isn't made clear enough before account creation. You're too fast pulled to create the account in the default .com region. At least this is how I experienced it - if it were better explained at account creation time, I would have created a .eu account instead of a .com account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tertius3:

Giving a sign-in address makes sense if you realize that 1Password offers different regions where the account/password data/vaults are stored: US (.com), Canada (.ca), Europe (.eu). Each of these has its own sign-in address.

Indeed :+1:

I would have created a .eu account instead of a .com account.

If you would like to migrate to a .eu account, you can do that if you prefer :+1: You can find the instructions here:

Change your region

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the guide, but it's already too tedious to move. I have a family account and all members are affected, and I (and probably family member) have a bunch of attached documents that have to be re-uploaded.

By the way, how is the membership handled with this move? According to the guide, I create a new account, move data, and delete the old account. Isn't my membership also deleted with the old account? I don't intend to pay a just started membership again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @Tertius :+1:

By the way, how is the membership handled with this move? According to the guide, I create a new account, move data, and delete the old account. Isn't my membership also deleted with the old account? I don't intend to pay a just started membership again.

We can transfer the remaining credit from the old account to the new one, so you don't lose the remaining months in your active subscription ;)

This discussion has been closed.