Help! 1Password extension suddenly not working in Firefox!

wj1pfan
wj1pfan
Community Member

I have changed nothing with regard to 1Password, and it appears that I am still using the "classic" extension, version 4.7.5.90 as noted below. But imagine my surprise when I click the button, enter my password and am told that I need to install the extension, seeing none of my data.

Fortunately, my setup in Brave browser still works, but WHAT a pain!!!!

The only thing I installed last night was Apple's latest Mojave and Safari security updates. But that wouldn't seem to be a factor, because Brave browser still works. There have been no changes to Firefox.

Please help!

This is what I see when I click on the 1Password extension icon in Firefox:

And here are the details for the 1Password extension installed in my Firefox:

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6

Comments

• wj1pfan
    wj1pfan
    Community Member

Well, this is weird. It's still true that I changed nothing, but all I had to do was reboot the system and Firefox is once again working with 1Password as it should.

What makes this even weirder is that I had just booted up the system when the problem occurred. It's not like the system had been running for a period of time and I just put it to sleep or anything like that. I could understand a reboot as a fix in circumstances like that...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wj1pfan:

Well, this is weird. It's still true that I changed nothing, but all I had to do was reboot the system and Firefox is once again working with 1Password as it should.

This is nice to hear, thank you for the update :)

What makes this even weirder is that I had just booted up the system when the problem occurred.

My guess is that Firefox was in the middle of an update. Should this happen again, try quitting and restarting Firefox and 1Password first, so the connection between them can be created again :+1:

This discussion has been closed.