Primary vault no longer syncing in browser

Options
maggiesol
maggiesol
Community Member

My Primary vault is no longer accessible in the browser (chrome) i can see it on my phone and desktop app. Just not any of my browsers. I switched from syncing it over iCloud to syncing it via Dropbox, but that didn't change anything.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: 11.4

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maggiesol!

Can you please download the classic extension and see if that works for you?

Get the 1Password classic extension

Extension version 2.0.5 only sees vaults stored on 1Password.com: if you vault is stored on iCloud or Dropbox, you will need to use the classic extension instead ;)

• maggiesol
    maggiesol
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That was the easiest! "1Password extension (desktop app required)"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @maggiesol! I am glad I could help :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Atman
    Atman
    Community Member
    Options

I think I have the issue originally described. When I logon to 1password.com, I cannot see or see a way to add my Primary standalone vault (stored in iCloud), which has been available and visible for the past several weeks when I upgraded to a subscription account. In a session today, I simply closed the 1password tab in my browser and shortly encountered a notification that the Primary vault had been deleted, which was not my intent (and was fortunately not true).

I can see both the Primary standalone vault and subscription-based vaults in my 1password6 app on my Mac, as well as my iPad, iPhone, and in my Chrome extension. Basically, I see the Primary standalone vault everywhere but 1password.com.

MacOS: 10.11.6
    1Password app: 6.8.9
    Chrome: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (x86_64)
    1Password extension: 4.7.5.90

Thoughts?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Atman:

Basically, I see the Primary standalone vault everywhere but 1password.com.

This is the normal behavior: the Primary vault is not stored on 1Password.com, in your case it's stored on iCloud. So if you login to 1Password.com, you will only see the vaults stored on 1Password.com.

• Atman
    Atman
    Community Member
    Options

Apparently, I've been experiencing the abnormal behavior up to this point, because I was seeing the Primary vault on 1Password.com, and now it's gone. You're saying that's the way it's supposed to be?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Atman:

Apparently, I've been experiencing the abnormal behavior up to this point, because I was seeing the Primary vault on 1Password.com, and now it's gone.

The Primary vault can only appear within the 1Password desktop and mobile apps. If you login to the 1Password.com website, vaults stored on iCloud or Dropbox were never shown there.

You're saying that's the way it's supposed to be?

That's correct :+1:

• create_IT
    create_IT
    Community Member
    Options

before the latest update of 1password (or with it the browser extensions), I was able to see both vaults 1) the local primary in my case and the online 1password.com entries. i could search and even ctrl-click to fill in login-info from all vaults. Why cant I do this anymore with the new version? Bug?

• Ben
    Options

@create_IT

Not a bug: 1Password will not support standalone vaults going forward, including with the 1Password in the Browser extension. Please see this post from one of our founders, Dave, with all the details :+1: We would recommend moving any data in standalone vaults to membership-based vaults and then removing the standalone vaults. Instructions can be found here:

Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

Ben

• create_IT
    create_IT
    Community Member
    Options

I am a long time customer and always upgraded my license from 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 to 7.
    Will I be no longer able to purchase an upgrade and receive a license? Or do you offer a free cloud based account where I can migrate my vault from the licensed version into?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@create_IT:

Will I be no longer able to purchase an upgrade and receive a license?

Licenses will not be offered for 1Password 8, the only option is a Membership, as Ben mentioned.

Or do you offer a free cloud based account where I can migrate my vault from the licensed version into?

Please feel free to reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com, and I am sure they will be happy to help as much as they can ;)

• create_IT
    create_IT
    Community Member
    Options

my problem was that browser access did not work in 7 anymore. In the meantime, since Saturday, it works again.

• Ben
    Options

@create_IT To use standalone vaults in the browser, you would need to use the 1Password Classic extension. That extension is no longer being developed, but it does support the now discontinued licensing model.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.