Found bug: 1Password items list not correct updating into iOS password list

Options
telephoneman2
telephoneman2
Community Member

dear 1Password team, I think I found a bug in 1Password for iOS. I have enabled 1Password to add its items to the password list that it looks like it's was iOS keychain.Problem is, that list is not really well updating. Already removed items in 1Password are still listed in that list. Also renamed usernames are still listed in their old names, but when filled into fields, its filled with new current, correct names. So somehow 1password is not well synchronizing the item list to iOS. PS: Sorry I don't know how those things are technically correct called in iOS. Hope you understand what I mean

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @telephoneman2!

When you mention this list, are you referring to the Autofill extension window, the one that appears when you actually use 1Password to fill items in Safari? If that's the one you are referring to, make sure that the Autofill extension has had time to refresh after you updated information in the main 1Password app. To do so, open 1Password on your iOS device and go to Settings > Password AutoFill, and wait until data has updated.

Does the list show the correct information now?

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member
    Options

Oh that worked - do I have to do that step all the time? Its not auto-refreshing in background?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@telephoneman2:

It should autorefresh automatically. In case it doesn't, for whatever reasons, those steps force a refresh ;)

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member
    Options

interesting - i have 3 iOS devices here. None of it does it automatically

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@telephoneman2:

It's difficult to say why this might be happening to you, but if you recently enabled the feature, it's possible that the first refresh might be manual. In the iOS Settings app > Passwords > AutoFill Passwords, did you perhaps have iCloud Keychain also enabled on these three devices?

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud keychain is disabled - only using 1Password. I am using this feature since it was released - i think already years ago.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@telephoneman2:

Understood, thank you for the confirmation. We will keep an eye out in case we find more details about this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.