Question: is there a difference btw apps

Options
lostinafog
lostinafog
Community Member

I've had 1Password on my computer (Mac), iphone, and now ipad, for years. I helped someone get it for her new ipad, yesterday, and saw a completely different looking app than mine. Why didn't it show up as an update in my ipad App Store or this a different thing entirely?
I can't find any info, searching Agilebits, and am confused. Do I have to buy a new app, now? What happens if I do upgrade, and how would I go about it, as I already have another version on my ipad?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

Version 4 of 1Password for iOS is a separate purchase so that users of old iOS 5 devices can still use version 3 without being forced to update to a version that doesn't work on their device.

We sent out information about the new version in our (opt-in) email newsletter, on Twitter, Facebook, and our blog. If you’re happy with version 3, you’re not required to purchase version 4. It is up to us to demonstrate the value:

Say hello to the new 1Password for iOS

For information about migrating from version 3, please read the migration FAQ:

1Password 3 Upgrade & Migration Questions

We even have a podcast discussing the new version if you would rather listen than read:

The 1Password Show: 001 – Introductions & 1Password 4 for iOS

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• lostinafog
    lostinafog
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the explanation.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It is my pleasure to help. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.