1Password suggesting old email addresses in Safari forms

Options
rosy621
rosy621
Community Member

Hi!

I have this same question:

https://1password.community/discussion/104815/1password-is-suggesting-an-old-incorrect-email-address

I’m am experiencing the exact same issue. Please see the attached screen shot. One of the emails suggested is my mom’s email address.

As the OP in the linked post found, if I delete 1Password, I do not get any suggestions. I do have an idea of that is causing it, though. Is it pulling from “Saved Form Details” field?

If the above is the case
, that would explain all the email suggestions I’m getting. Is this something that can be stopped?

Thank you!
Rosy

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rosy621!

I don't believe the email address is coming from 1Password, but rather from iOS. 1Password's suggestions bar looks different from the one you are seeing:

Notice that there are two bars, one with "AutoFill Contact", and another one below with "Passwords" (this is the one coming from 1Password).

Since you are only seeing the iOS "AutoFill Contact" section, I think iOS is finding this email address inside one of your contacts. If you open the Contacts app and search for this email address, do you see a contact card with the address in it?

This discussion has been closed.