2 factor authentication

Options
neilzeltzer
neilzeltzer
Community Member

Hi and thanks....I notice that under 2-factor auth. on 1Password personal page, it gives me 11 sites that "do not" (that I do not have) this feature set up...when in fact, I do, have this set up on at least 5 (that I can tell immediately) sites that send me codes when I try to open their web sites. Is there something I am not understanding...if so, please explain.
Appreciate the help!

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: windows 10 21H1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @neilzeltzer!

Is 1Password the 2FA authenticator app for these 5 websites, or are you using a separate authenticator app for those?

• neilzeltzer
    neilzeltzer
    Community Member
    Options

hi and thanks for the quick reply....1PW is not the 2FA...the sites simply , automatically ask when i sign in...i set them up with the sites themselves (i.e. banks and the such).....so, now the question is...how do i set them up with 1PW? Not saying I need to, and.... it would be nice to know for the future. Is there an advantage to having 1PW do it as opposed to the sites own process?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@neilzeltzer:

Thank you for the confirmation! If you are using a third-party authenticator app, you need to let 1Password know that you have enabled 2FA separately, and you can do this by adding the 2fa tag to these items, so that warning disappears from them ;)

If, on the other hand, you want to use 1Password itself as an authenticator (so you don't need a third-party app, and so 1Password can also fill 2FA codes for you, in addition to username and password), here are the instructions:

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

• neilzeltzer
    neilzeltzer
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent!...Thanks for the info

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @neilzeltzer! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.