No prompt to save correctly entered login details.

Options

Hi New to 1Password. After paying for annual license it seems that I should have tried the software before paying for it. I need to confirm that 1Password lacks a basic capability of offering me to save my login details after I login to a site. The only way I see to save login details is after entering the details clicking "save". This may seem not as a big deal to some but to be its every important.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• bashywash
    bashywash
    Community Member
    Options

Odd. I reviewed a few Youtube reviews and I see others getting the option to save their login details after they enter them and login. But no matter what I can't get chrome and 1Password offer to save my login details on any site. Netflix, this community page, etc...

Using the latest Chrome extension (also tried beta)
    Using Chrome 93.04

• DigitalToaster
    DigitalToaster
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

It does not do this so I am not sure what you saw.

https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/lwprkx/offering_to_save_passwords_after_login/

"this feature is something we've looked into several times and have no plans to give up on it, but currently offering to save a Login item after successfully signing in requires a few things we're not willing to do. To name one in particular, this would require arbitrarily capturing and maintaining data you've entered into fields as well as all the details of the page in the background, assuming you might want to save a login, as you navigate websites. Currently the most efficient and least invasive way to ensure your Login items are secured by 1Password with all of the correct data is by offering to save a new item from within the fields being saved themselves. I know it's not the most convenient method, but I assure you the conversation is still being had and the feature is still being researched with your security first on our list." ~5 months back.

Annoying but I learned to live with it. Once you have your passwords entered it is mostly a non issue since you will be generating passwords with 1password and that is front loaded rather than post login.

Personally that part of what brought me to 1password. They push security first and ease of use second.

• DigitalToaster
    DigitalToaster
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Disregard - I can't see how to delete comments here.

• bashywash
    bashywash
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the link and response. That reddit post is exactly what I was looking for. The idea of saving login details which COULD be incorrect is also my main issue this. Coming from LP it is also muscle memory in my case so I need to think over if I want to keep my service or not!

• bashywash
    bashywash
    Community Member
    Options

After looking back, it does seem as this was a feature which was removed and DID exist. That was why the youtube videos did have it. Therefor for me, for the devs to REMOVE a feature and not provide it as a non-default feature for users who would rather give up security for convenience makes ZERO sense. I will be be canceling my sub.

What a shame. a beautiful software package ruined for me by taking away a decision a power can make.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bashywash:

Sorry to hear about this, but thank you for the feedback! I have let our developers know that this is something that you would like to see in 1Password. In the meantime, thank you for giving 1Password a try, and hopefully we will see you again some day :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#272

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DigitalToaster:

Once you have your passwords entered it is mostly a non issue since you will be generating passwords with 1password and that is front loaded rather than post login.

You are absolutely right. Our developers have an open internal discussion about this, so I will let them know your thoughts so they can keep your feedback into consideration in the future :+1:

This discussion has been closed.