"How to keep 1Password up to date" page lacks Linux instructions

justincredible
justincredible
Community Member

This is feedback on the Support article related to Linux, but not the Linux version of 1Password itself. I wasn't sure how to file article feedback.

The How to keep 1Password up to date page lacks instructions on Linux.

I got here by asking a different question. I wanted to fill out the additional information section at the bottom of the Support Community question form. I wasn't able to find the 1Password Linux version number from the UI, so I clicked the How to find 1Password version? link under the field. It took me to the page above. It was not able to solve my problem.

I was able to use the snap -info 1password command to get what I needed. It would be nice to others to have that listed. I don't know if there are more official release channels for Linux, but Snap would be a great start to list instructions for.

1Password Version: 8.1.1
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Ubuntu 21.04

Comments

• Hi there! Thanks for bringing this up. I have passed this on to our documentation team for review, so we can make sure everything is up to date and that folks are able to use it to get the information they need.

For future reference, if you're in the 1Password for Linux app, you can press alt, then > Help > About 1Password, and you'll find your current version there. I hope this is helpful for your purposes!

• Hi, @justincredible, and thank you for asking this.

We are actually using each distribution's package manager to ensure 1Password keeps up to date. Every time we do a new release, we push that release out to our .deb, .rpm, .arch, and Snap channels, and your package manager should pick the update up from there presently.

If you installed from a .deb or .rpm file, the installation process handles setting up that channel automatically. But I also see that you installed from Snap, so the snap store should regularly notify you when it is time to install updates.

This discussion has been closed.