Remove "Show in Large Type" option in File Type fields

Options
Chris Messina
Chris Messina
Community Member

For files saved to 1Password, there is a File Type dropdown option to "Show in Large Type":

Choosing this option does what it says:

But the question I have is: why is this even available? Under what circumstances would someone want to view this metadata (which is added by 1Password) in Large Type?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.7.BETA-1 (70807001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.5.1 (20G80)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Chris Messina!

But the question I have is: why is this even available?

Every field in 1Password has the "Show in Large Type" option by default :+1:

Under what circumstances would someone want to view this metadata (which is added by 1Password) in Large Type?

I think there isn't a good reason to view this in Large Type, but I also suspect that the developers considered it was not worth adding exceptions to a specific field. You could make the same argument for the "Copy" button that appears on every field: copying the file type field might not be very useful, but who knows :)

• Chris Messina
    Chris Messina
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. So you're saying the "File Type" field isn't derived from the file itself, but is just text? So I could set the File Type field (which is created by 1Password upon importing a file) to "Strawberry Fields"? I can't do that in Finder, so this breaks my expectation for how this should work.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Chris Messina:

Hmm. So you're saying the "File Type" field isn't derived from the file itself, but is just text?

No, I think it's exactly as you say: that entry comes right from the file type, in my understanding (since you cannot edit it).

This discussion has been closed.