Can 1password get the basics right??!

Options
jdomino
jdomino
Community Member
edited August 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

hi All, We moved to 1password a couple of months ago mainly so i could share passwords with my team safely, and the functionality of this works great.

But over the last 2 months of getting to grips with it I'm slightly surprised at how bad 1password is at everything else. It's got beyond frustrating now to where i'm having to consider another app that works, or go back to chrome managing my passwords.

Compared to chrome autofill, its a train wreck. i have to manually fill in probably 75% or more of my information when filling out a form. I waste SO much time doing this. suggestions are rarely if ever available on ios and on apps even when apparently they are saved in the vault. an heres an example that finally just broke me just now:

went to log into a website that didn't have a saved a password. No problem..
manually enter email.
save to 1password
manually enter password
no option to update/save to 1password.
oh.
login anyway just to check all details are correct.
logged in OK.
now i have to open up 1password app and manually enter the password.
but theres a starred out password in there already.
oh it did save it after all - great!.
i go to check it, but no its an auto generated password. so i have to delete and redo.

this is just crazy, and the kind of thing that happens daily.
Form filling ought to be the absolute most basic function imaginable
saving manually entered passwords to the
I cant be the only one experiencing this stuff on a daily basis.

1password is wasting FAR more time with all these little annoyances than it saves me by allowing me to share passwords with my employees.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• jdomino
    jdomino
    Community Member
    Options

Case in point: no more than 5 minutes after posting this, filling in a form 1password has put my email address in a box meant for my surname.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdomino!

First of all, thank you for the feedback!

no option to update/save to 1password.

Are you able to share a URL where this is happening, so we can also test it?

If you could also let us know what version of the 1Password browser extension that would also be useful. Thank you!

• jdomino
    jdomino
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

yeah it happened on https://www.newsinslowfrench.com/

second problem happened within that site when changing my email so you wont be able to test that.

but you'll be here all day if you try and tackle this website by website. these things happen multiple times a day. The software needs vast amounts of work as far as i can see.

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.6 (70806001)
    1Password Store

extension version Version

UTD chrome Version 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (x86_64)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jdomino:

Thank you! I have tested that website, and the Save in 1Password button appeared for me under the password field too:

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using in your browser? And do you perhaps have other extensions enabled in the same browser profile? If this is happening to you in most places, I wonder if something else might be interfering with 1Password (for reference, I tested this in a Chrome profile using 1Password extension version 2.0.5 in a profile without other browser extensions enabled).

This discussion has been closed.