Will importing login items from LastPass change login items already in 1Password?

Options
I am considering switching from LastPass to 1Password. 

I now have 1Password working properly on my Windows 10 PC with the 1Password Microsoft Edge extension installed and enabled. 

I also have LastPass installed on this same Windows 10 PC with Google Chrome as the default browser and the LastPass extension installed only on Google Chrome. The 1Password  extension for Google Chrome is not installed.  

I have manually entered a 1Password login item that is an exact duplicate of a login item that I have on LastPass. I can log in to this item properly on both 1Password and LastPass through their respective extensions on Edge and Chrome.    

QUESTION: If I export my login items from LastPass and then import these login items into 1Password, to what extent will they change, overwrite, or delete login items already in 1Password that have the same (or even different) information, and to what extent will these imported items be added as new login items in 1Password? Please give explanations with your answer.

Thanks in advance. james1964 

1Password Version:
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@james1964 All imports generate new items. No existing items will be modified, over-written or deleted by the import. The issue is that you will have duplicate items which may be difficult to find as they have slightly different names and/or URLs.
    The groups in LastPass will become tags in 1Password. So, if you have a lot of existing items, you may want to tag them in a way that makes it easier to sort items and identify duplicates. Tasks like this are generally more easily performed in the desktop apps.

• james1964
    james1964
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for an excellent answer and explanation. james1964

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let us know if you have any other questions @james1964 :+1:

And thank you to rootzero for the assist :)

This discussion has been closed.