Delete vault also deletes files that were moved to Archive.

Options

I had 2 vaults in 1Password 7, the primary vault and an archive vault. I moved items that I was done with but didn't want to delete to the archive. I also had it removed from the search. Now, 1Password 8 has an archive, so I moved all the items from the old archive vault to the new one, giving me a vault with nothing in it. When I wanted to delete the old archive vault, it told me I would be deleting the vault plus all the files from the vault that were moved to the archive! That is something I definitely do not want to do. How about an option to keep or delete files that were moved when deleting a vault?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: 11.5.1

Comments

• Hello @TonyCr46! 👋

Thank you for trying the early access version of 1Password 8.

In both 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 each separate vault has its own Archive and when you delete a vault you also delete all items in that vault's archive. The Archive is a new feature for 1Password vaults that replaced the old Trash starting in later versions of 1Password 7. It's a place where you can store items indefinitely if you wish to keep them but don't want to see them suggested or listed with your other items. You can read more about the Archive here: Talking trash: Why we're introducing the Archive

There is no "Archive" vault included with 1Password accounts by default. Is this a vault that you created yourself? If it is then you can move or copy your items to another vault, archive them in the destination vault, and then remove the "Archive" vault.

Let me know if that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.