1Password 8 Mac Early Access - Secret Key location?

Options

Hello,

I just installed 8 Early Access for Mac. Setting up the extension for MS Edge and it is asking for the secret key. I don't see any indication of it in the macOS app. The instructions seem to be based on version 7. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Adam

1Password Version: 8.2.0
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macOS 11.5.1

Comments

• Hello @axh153! 👋

Thanks for participating in the early access for 1Password 8! 😊 Make sure that you're also using the beta release for 1Password in your browser: 1Password Beta – Password Manager - Chrome Web Store

Once the beta release is installed right-click on the 1Password icon in Edge, click Settings, and then turn on Integrate with 1Password app.

Let me know if that helps. :)

• axh153
    axh153
    Community Member
    Options

Dave,

Thank you. It was still prompting to integrate with 7. After completing deleting 1Password 7 from my system, everything is working great. Appreciate it.

• I'm glad to hear that everything is working well now. :)

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

but where is the secret key found? In 8, it was under Accounts, but it not there in 8.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sriggins:

You can reach it via the menu bar: from the Account menu at the top of your screen > Click on your account name > Set up another device. You will see a popup window with your account details ;)

• KirkMcPike
    KirkMcPike
    Community Member
    Options

How do you save an Emergency Kit PDF?

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

Ah thanks! I didn't look there because I was trying to log into the other app, not a different device.

This discussion has been closed.