Use drag and drop to re-order collections

I like the addition of Collections. It is very handy for presenting efficient search results, filtering family and client vaults search results.
I notice that you automatically assign a command key to each collection, a great feature; however, it would be better if I could use drag and drop to reorder the collections and hence reassign the command keys. This would allow the most common collections to have the lower command keys.

1Password Version: 8.0 beat
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12

Comments

• Hi @BenNeivert, I'm so glad you like Collections; I'm a big fan of them too.

I think being able to drag and drop them is a great idea, and I'd love to see if we could get there some day but for now we need to stick to alphabetical sorting for those collections. Collections can span multiple accounts which means locking and unlocking those accounts could impact which collections are visible. Furthermore, someone may have different accounts signed in on their phone and their work computer, meaning the drag-and-drop sort order would need to be stable even when different accounts (and collections) were in the mix.

It's not an impossible problem, but it's one that we can't tackle right now.

Thanks for giving 1Password 8 a try and please keep the great feedback coming!

• BenNeivert
    BenNeivert
    Community Member

@ag_andrew, all great points. Thanks for the information.

• @BenNeivert My pleasure, and as I said, please keep the feedback coming. It's incredibly valuable 💜

This discussion has been closed.