Unlock with Apple Watch fails on Mac v8 beta?

mfisher911
mfisher911
Community Member

I am getting this error when I go into the full 1Password app.

Unable to unlock with biometry due to biometry enrollment change

I tried toggling the Unlock with Apple Watch option off and on, but this continues happening. I didn't change anything in System Preferences, and I don't believe I'm changing the biometry enrollment.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-47.NIGHTLY
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: version 12.0 Beta (21A5304g)

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2021

@mfisher911

That would generally be because of something like changing a fingerprint for example or adding an additional one. Have you added a fingerprint, by chance? The only difference I can see between our setups is you are using Monterey and I am presently on Big Sur.

• mfisher911
    mfisher911
    Community Member

@ag_tommy My MBP's TouchID sensor got broken/disconnected during a hardware update. I can use the Apple Watch to unlock the Mac. I have had success unlocking previous versions of 1Password using Apple Watch.

• That disabled sensor may indeed be the cause. Apple Watch unlocking uses the same Secure Enclave that Touch ID does. If the OS is reporting an error it may be preventing us from accessing the Secure Enclave. I am not a developer so I can't comment on what changes might have been made in 8, but my gut suspicion is that's the issue at hand.

This discussion has been closed.