1Password for Safari gets stuck at unlocking

Options

I'm logging into a banking site. It asks to unlock. I unlock 1Password with Touch ID, but the Safari extension is still stuck on unlocking. When I unlock 1Password, it doesn't stay open. Not sure if it's supposed to. If I open 1Password, then the login information loads into the site.

1Password Version: Mac 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: Mac 8.2.0-44.BETA
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• Hi @TomWolsky,

I'm sorry you are having trouble.

Do you see the 1Password icon in your Macs menu bar? I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like when it is unlocked. If it is locked there will be a lock icon above it (Similar in look to 1Password in Safari, just monochrome).

1Password icon in menu bar

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have the 1P icon in the Finder menu. I switched it off.

The 1P icon in Safari is locked. I tried it differently. I launched 1P for Mac, but rather than unlock it I clicked cancel. The application remained open, but locked. I then clicked the 1P icon in Safari and got the Touch ID dialog, touched the fingerprint pad, and the dialog disappeared. 1P in Safari remained locked, and the application had closed.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional details, @TomWolsky. When you opened the 1Password desktop app, did it also remain locked? In a working state, both 1Password for Safari and 1Password 8 will share lock states with each other, so if you unlock/lock one, the same happens to the other.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

After entering the password the application closes. When I reopen it, it's still locked. It takes me three tries to get it to remain open.

I'm not seeing how to unlock the Safari extension without opening 1Password. It simply takes me to the desktop application to unlock it there. Once I get it unlocked then the extension opens and offers autofill for the current website.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options
  • krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, this is the first time I've seen it. I got a brief flash of the password box when clicking on the extension. Normal the drop down simply says Open 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.