Turn off first letter grouping display

Options

How can I turn off the #, A, B, C etc. from the list of items? It adds no value to me and just wastes space. Is there a hidden preference? Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.2.0-47.NIGHTLY
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 2.0 Beta (21A5304g)

Comments

• Hello @Lazarus Long

Thank you for trying out the early access version of 1Password 8!
    Hashtags are used to define tags, and you can collapse all the tags from side bar.

Please keep the great feedback coming :)

• Lazarus Long
    Lazarus Long
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Maryam, I wasn't referring to hashtags. I was referring the index letter that appears between items when viewing them in the list. Please see the attached. Thank you.

• Hi @Lazarus Long, currently there's no way to hid those section headers in the item list. We know there are some information-density differences between 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 and we're continuing to iterate on the designs.

Keep the great feedback coming!

• Lazarus Long
    Lazarus Long
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, please consider making it a user preference to show these!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

This is not a new feature in v8. These letters are in v7 already.

• Lazarus Long
    Lazarus Long
    Community Member
    Options

They are not in "Favorites" - at least for me. Plus, the extra room they take up is especially noticeable in v8.

• rob
    rob
    edited August 2021
    Options

In 1Password 7, we did not show the headings in the list view if the list had 10 or fewer items, which is probably what you're noticing with Favorites. We could bring that behavior to 1Password 8. I'll pass that on to the team as well. 👍

ref: dev/core/core#9681

• macosdude
    macosdude
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to second this request. At a minimum, please keep the behavior from 1Password 7 so that my list of Favorites doesn't take up too much space. Even better would be a way to just turn off the headings for Favorites. Thanks.

• Thanks @macosdude - we have added your request as well. We appreciate hearing from you! 😀

This discussion has been closed.