If I click on the Safari icon for 1P ( in toolbar ) to unlock it
I get this

and it is not unlock, I have to unlock from MacOS Menubar 1P icon

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• @Gilles9

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to start by understanding a bit more about what you're experiencing:

• After getting the screen above and clicking the icon in Safari's toolbar, do you get a prompt to unlock using your Account Password?
    • If you open the main 1Password desktop app before opening Safari, is 1Password for Safari unlocked?
    • Do you have "Connect with 1Password in the browser" enabled under 1Password > Preferences > Browser?

Whatever detail you can provide, around those questions or beyond them, will help us understand the nature of the issue you're seeing.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Yes, Yes, Yes

What I get is a blank webpage with the 1P logo at the center top which keeps loading ( tentatively ) with a gear turning and it never load anything ( after 15 minutes )

Also see this image below,
    1P is unlock in the menu bar
    1P is lock in the Safari toolbar
    when I click the icon in the Safari toolbar, I get this window and the button "Open 1Password" which does not work at all

If I quit and relaunch Safari, the Toolbar icon is unlocked

NOTE: I raised this in another thread, I ALWAYS get an email when I log in in 1P
    ANNOYING

so I will stop using version 8,

unfortunately , I won't be able to give you more info, as it is tooling to reinstall version 8, I am reverting to version 7.8.7
    I do not have more time to test trial version 8, too many bugs for me

Have a good day, and good luck with version 8

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here.

• After getting the screen above and clicking the icon in Safari's toolbar, I do not get a prompt to unlock using your Account Password, but the same page with the YouTube video
    • If I open the main 1Password desktop app before opening Safari, 1Password for Safari is still locked
    • I do have "Connect with 1Password in the browser" enabled under 1Password > Preferences > Browser

This happens with both Safari 14 and Safari 15 (Technology Preview) on macOS Big Sur.

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021
    Options

Heya @Gilles9 and @XIII, could I trouble you folks to grab the console log from Safari (instructions to do so can be found below) and forward it to us at support+x@1password.com. I have a thought of what this might be but would like to confirm and help you folks get this issue resolved.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

@nickmcguire

show javascript console in Safari from the Develop menu
    shows
    NOTHING ( meaning nothing is shown )

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Gah, apologies @Gilles9 I need to grab some more coffee this morning. 🤦🏼‍♂️ If you open Develop and go to Web Extension Background Pages, then select "1Password for Safari". That log should have the information I'm looking for.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Well next time,

too many bugs with v8, and I do not find it user friendly, so I am sticking with V 7

If I try it again, I'll post what you ask for

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @Gilles9, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.