Why does the 1Password browser extension block autofill in Edge?

Options

I noticed that autofill no longer works when I have the 1Password extension installed in Edge. This is critical functionality to a browser, is there a reason why 1Password blocks it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• roustem
    edited August 2021
    Options

@kop48 It is possible to use both Edge and 1Password autofill but they might conflict in some cases. The preferred solution is to choose one. You can certainly enable the Edge autofill back.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I can't - if I hover over the toggle button, it the 'disabled' mouse icon (can't get a screenshot, as MacOS screen capture takes over the mouse.

I'm not sure that I'm a big fan of regressing browser behaviour that worked fine with prior 1Password browser extensions is going to be great for users. I didn't have to choose between the two before I switched to the Beta.

• rob
    rob
    edited August 2021
    Options

Ah that's very interesting; thanks, @kop48. I'll pass this on to our browser team. The main idea here was to disable the built-in password manager by default because it can be really confusing for users to see two prompts to save their password.

ref: dev/core/core#9521

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

@rob - no problem, the issue isn't it suggesting passwords, it's that it's no longer suggesting Personal info.

• @kop48 if you right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, choose Settings, and turn off "Make 1Password the default password manager" under General, then you can indeed use both side by side.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_michaelc confirmed, thank you!

• You're very welcome. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.