Family account vault "waiting to be confirmed"

Options
DaveHow
DaveHow
Community Member

Hi, I've just finished setting up my family membership on mine and my wife's computers. All of the shared vaults on my computer are showing up as "waiting to be confirmed" and my wife can't access any of them. I can't find anywhere on either account to "confirm" anything. What am I missing? Thanks

1Password Version: 7.8.7 (70807003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 11.4
Referrer: forum-search:waiting to be confirmed

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2022
    Options

@DaveHow

It sounds like the user account is waiting to be confirmed on 1Password.com. Can you check to see if the user needs confirmation? Based on what you have said, I'd expect it to be in the pending confirmation state. Also, you indicated you are using macOS 11.4 I would recommend updating as soon as possible as the newer releases contain security enhancements from Apple that you will want to make use of.

• alyla
    alyla
    Community Member
    Options

argh. that was a thoroughly useless answer. Just like the OP, I've set up AND CONFIRMED my and husband's accounts, yet I can not share a vault with him as it says "waiting to be confirmed" under his name. We are both on MacBooks.

• alyla
    alyla
    Community Member
    Options

OK I figured it out. So for anyone else confused by this process, the confirmation email goes to the person who owns/invited the member to the family account, not to the family member signing up. I was checking his email for a conf, not my own.

• Ben
    Options

Ah, yes, I'm sorry that wasn't clear. The process is:

• A family organizer invites someone
    • That someone creates their account
    • The family organizer gets an email indicating someone has started the process
    • The account creation is completed when a family organizer confirms the account

This is outlined in our add and remove family members guide. Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.