Unlocking Mac 8.2.0-44.BETA opens dialog with default as password instead of fingerprint

Options
dt20180905a
dt20180905a
Community Member

I have Mac 8.2.0-44.BETA installed on my M1 MacBook Air running Monterey build 21A5304g. When I visit a site and click the 1Password pop-up to unlock, I get the login page to the app. Instead of having the fingerprint as the default, the password box is the default. Touching the fingerprint sensor has no effect. If I click the fingerprint icon on that login page, I can press the fingerprint sensor and unlock 1Password.

Having the fingerprint sensor available in any way is more convenient than not but can't we make the fingerprint sensor the default?

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: MacOS 12.0 Beta (21A5304g)

Comments

• howardellacott
    howardellacott
    Community Member
    Options

I find that sometimes it shows the fingerprint first, and other times it doesn't. As it's inconsistent, I think it must be a bug.

• Joshua_ag
    edited August 2021
    Options

HI @dt20180905a and @howardellacott ,

Thank you both for trying out 1Password 8 for Mac! You are correct this is an issue and our team is working on improving this in future versions of 1Password 8. I have let the team know you both have run into this issue.

ref: dev/core/core#9449

• ndvsbl
    ndvsbl
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Just chiming in to comment that I, too, am seeing the issue of not seeing the Watch verification popup when trying to unlock 1password from sleep. Instead, it defaults to asking for a password.

Have there been any updates to this issue?

--

1Password Version: Mac 8.2.2-39.BETA
    OS Version: MacOS 11.5.2 (20G95)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ndvsbl:

Our developers have not had the chance to look at this yet, but I have let them know that you also encountered this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.