I need to move my extra "on my mac" vaults to another mac - how do I do this?

dealtek
dealtek
Community Member
edited August 2021 in Mac

Hi - I would like to learn this asap please....

I need to move my extra vaults "on my mac" ( non primary) to another mac - how do I do this?

BTW: I think the vaults were saved on dropbox - can I just import them into the other mac - if so how do I do this?

hmm i see this:

https://support.1password.com/new-device/#move-your-data-with-icloud-or-dropbox

but when I open new computer (w high sierra) the icloud sync is there but I don't see a way to add the extra dropbox vaults?

update: so i did this:

• double click on the dropbox extra vault(s) - add password - seems to import ok
  • primary is synced on icloud (already ok)

so far is this correct?

• i see some other vault named = 1Password.opvault - what is that?

hmmm - just noticed that the main computer says these vaults are "ON MY MAC" but somehow the dropbox versions are recently updated

Q : how can I find the master location of the ones that say "ON MY MAC"?

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dealtek!

so far is this correct?

Yes, so far this is correct :+1:

i see some other vault named = 1Password.opvault - what is that?

Anything that is not named Primary, Private or Personal is a vault that you created, so we don't have visibility into that. What are the contents of this vault? Is it empty?

how can I find the master location of the ones that say "ON MY MAC"?

If you are using 1Password version 7, all data is stored in one of these folders:

• Mac App Store version - ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/OnePassword.sqlite
    • AgileBits version - ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/OnePassword.sqlite
  • dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member

Thanks much for this info.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @dealtek! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.