Can 1password understand subdomains that use single sign on? How do I do this?

Options

Just imported a ton of data from lastpass, one of my main systems uses a single signon (Tivoli) for 100's of subdomains. I'd like to avoid editing each pw individually again, but I'm unclear on how to set this up. I looked at the user support archive and all the answers were something like "soon" and are a few years old. We have to change our PW's every 6 months.

1Password Version: 7.7.810 (using browser)
Extension Version: chrome 2.0.5
OS Version: windows 10 current update
Referrer: forum-search:single sign on

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DrJohn ,

1Password mainly focuses on the base domain of a URL, so if you have 100's of URLs with the same base domain, it should suggest the same login item for all of them even if the subdomain is different, unless that website is registered in the public suffix list.

That means you only need a single login item with the base domain of that website (for example: https://tivoli.com) , and 1Password should suggest that login item on any of the subdomains as well.

However, if the base domain is different for every login page, then you'll need to add every URL into the login item. You can add as many URLs to a single login item as you want - simply edit the login item, click the empty "website" field under the username and password, and paste in an additional URL. When you're done, another empty "website" field will show up and you can repeat this until you've added all relevant URLs.
    That will allow you to have a single login item for all of the relevant login pages using the same username/password and making it super easy to change it in one place.

• DrJohn
    DrJohn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Saves a ton of update time. We do use federated ID which requires not just my "username" but "myusername@domain.edu" so I think I can get by with only 2 instead of hundreds! BTW, I when I migrated our site to the Tivoli federated ID manager, I found out it can only use certain non-alphanumeric characters so I had a hard time with 1password autogenerated PWs, but now I know that it's a bit easier. Thanks very much for the help.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.