early access is stuck on the nightly channel

Options

So i went ahead and changed the early access from the beta channel to the nightly channel just to see how far behind it was/if there were any meaningful changes etc.

I didnt notice anything and there was no nightly changelog i could find so i changed back. Problem is, im still getting daily updates (just got another one just now hence my posting this) and the help > whats new shows the last update (assuming of the beta channel as thats the default when you install it) as being on the 3rd of august.

This is my setting

This is the about page

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here...

• Preference:

• About:

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi folks,

At present if you’re on a nightly build, and switch to the beta channel, you’ll effectively stay on the nightly channel until the next beta build is released. When the beta is released it will be installed and you’ll then only get beta updates going forward. Until then you’ll continue to get nightly updates. There is one caveat, which is that due to the frequency of nightly builds it is possible the updater will miss a beta. We have an open issue to reevaluate this behavior.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#9433

• Ben
    Options

To add: our build engineer pointed out that you can work around this if you want to get back to the beta quicker by quitting the nightly, moving it to the trash, and then installing the beta. Links to the beta builds are available here:

https://1password.community/discussion/122136/1password-8-for-mac-early-access

Thanks!

Ben

• DreamyLucid
    DreamyLucid
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben after trashing the nightly build and installing the beta, 1Password 8 does not even open.

This discussion has been closed.