My sisters 1Password account was upgraded to a family account

Options
MeiLie
MeiLie
Community Member

How does she go about finding her passwords since her 1Password 6 account is locked and now she has a family account so that I could be on it to be able to help her. I am not sure which macOS she has.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MeiLie!

How does she go about finding her passwords since her 1Password 6 account is locked and now she has a family account so that I could be on it to be able to help her.

Has she forgotten the new Master Password, the one for the Families account, or the old one that she used to unlock the 1Password app?

• MeiLie
    MeiLie
    Community Member
    Options

No she has both, but the Family account has a slightly different password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MeiLie:

Ok, so if she knows both passwords, she should be able to login both to the new account, and to the existing 1Password app that she has been using so far. Is she able to login to https://my.1password.com in a browser with her new Families credentials?

• MeiLie
    MeiLie
    Community Member
    Options

Yes she can get into the new. I will get her to try again to log into the old but it seemed that it was blocked (at least that is what her daughter said) If she can log into the 6, what then? I will get back to you

• MeiLie
    MeiLie
    Community Member
    Options

It says that 1Password 6 cannot connect to 1Password mini there is more than one copy can she just follow the directions and throw out the one How does one find (easily) the one copy to throw out

• MeiLie
    MeiLie
    Community Member
    Options

I had her put 1Password6 in search of finder window and it only found one 1Password which she threw out and the same message came up when she tried to open. We must not be doing something correctly. She has a MacBook so I am not familiar with how all things work. So again how does one easily find the copy to throw out.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MeiLie:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• MeiLie
    MeiLie
    Community Member
    Options

this may be a problem since she is also having a problem with her email. Is there any way that I can pass this on to her, or that she can do it using messages. I will also try to work on seeing if we can get some email back for her. She had some not great help from her kids and now with her loss of memory it is not getting any easier. Let me see what I can do about some of the other problems and will get back to you if it cannot be done with messages.

• Hi @MeiLie - We will need to receive the diagnostic report through email so please ask her to send that report whenever she can and we will take good care of her.

• MeiLie
    MeiLie
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks working on it

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you :)

• MeiLie
    MeiLie
    Community Member
    Options

I just found out from my sister that when she tried to login to 1Password 6 it said she needed to upgrade. Is it possible that when her daughter upgraded that she tried to change some of the information and that is why the new account cannot find the old

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MeiLie:

It is possible that this had something to do with it, yes. It is difficult to say without looking at a diagnostics report however, so when you have the chance to send it to us, we will be able to confirm this for you :+1:

This discussion has been closed.