A few questions from a new user (maybe)

Options
Mystic
Mystic
Community Member

Okay, the last post has been deleted. I have been patient and try to write again ...

Greetings!
I tried your application about six months ago. For me, the interface is extremely important, so I refused. He was very bad. Now I saw the news about new applications and tried again. And it's better, but still impossible to use. If you can officially say that at least things marked "important" will be improved, that's good. So:

• [Very important] Changing the order of records - why not? You have different elements like servers. And this is very cool! But, sometimes I need to add something later (for example, the server will have a private IP address). And I cannot add a new field between the existing ones. I cannot change their order. And I can't change the order of the groups. Maybe I didn’t understand something, this simply cannot be. If this really does not exist, it must be added first of all, without this I will not dare to transfer any account here.
  • [Very important] List of fields. First, why is it so small? For example, the server does not even have an ip address and a user. Second, why can't I add my elements there? It is very important. If I have to manually rename each field, then it will take me a month to transfer all my data.
  • [Important] Why are the fields outside the section separated, but the sections and fields in them are not separated in any way? It is very uncomfortable.

• [Very important] Icons. Oh friends. How did it happen ... Just look at the tray icon. If your designer doesn't know how to make a high-quality icon out of png, advise him to IcoFX.

• [Advisable] The application icon on the taskbar also makes me sad. In addition to detail, it is also less than it should be. Server icon and some other categories. Vault icons. They are not that pretty. In addition, I would like to be able to assign my own icon to the vault, for example I work for a company and want to use the company logo there.

• [Advisable] Section titles in capital letters - why? Make the selection with color, bold, background color, whatever you like. Many products have a peculiar name (ESXi, pfSense, etc.).

• [Advisable] The left side of the application (in blue) literally asks itself to be made transparent. Add your own blur or use acrylic if possible.
  • [Advisable] I have not seen any animation in the application. Nowhere. Smooth transitions, fading, etc. It was like I teleported 20 years ago.

In addition, when I tried to create a vault for the first time - the application on android crashed when opening vaults or items in it. I don't remember if I created it in an app or on a website. Anyway, I think this is a problem.
I also tried to register here a few months ago - I could not. And now I was only able to do it every other day. When registering, an error first appears - the reason for registration is not specified. Although this field did not exist at all. After that, the field appears, I fill it in - and I get an endless animation near the sign up button. Try it yourself. I wrote to the mail about this a few months ago, and no one answered me.
All of this makes a terrible product impression. But the rest are even worse.
In any case, while I'm just watching and maybe someday I will start using your service. But I'm not ready yet, even if there was a free version.
I hope you can do something with this. Good luck.

1Password Version: 80102082
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 22000.132

Comments

• Mystic
    Mystic
    Community Member
    Options

Suddenly I remembered that I wrote this message. It turns out that there was no answer. Should I make different topics for each of the problems? I am going to buy an annual subscription, I would like to know whether it is worth waiting for updates on some of the items or not.

• Hi @Mystic:

Thanks for this detailed feedback, let me work through it in order for you.

[Very important] Changing the order of records - why not? You have different elements like servers. And this is very cool! But, sometimes I need to add something later (for example, the server will have a private IP address). And I cannot add a new field between the existing ones. I cannot change their order. And I can't change the order of the groups. Maybe I didn’t understand something, this simply cannot be. If this really does not exist, it must be added first of all, without this I will not dare to transfer any account here.

We're actively tracking field reordering, and I'll add your voice to the issue internally.

[Very important] List of fields. First, why is it so small? For example, the server does not even have an ip address and a user. Second, why can't I add my elements there? It is very important. If I have to manually rename each field, then it will take me a month to transfer all my data.

Would you mind clarifying what additional fields you would like in a Server entry? You can add more when creating an item, but I can see if there's fields that we're missing that would be helpful on creation for the vast majority of our users.

[Important] Why are the fields outside the section separated, but the sections and fields in them are not separated in any way? It is very uncomfortable.

I've added this as a feature request.

[Very important] Icons. Oh friends. How did it happen ... Just look at the tray icon. If your designer doesn't know how to make a high-quality icon out of png, advise him to IcoFX.

[Advisable] The application icon on the taskbar also makes me sad. In addition to detail, it is also less than it should be. Server icon and some other categories. Vault icons. They are not that pretty. In addition, I would like to be able to assign my own icon to the vault, for example I work for a company and want to use the company logo there.

As 1Password 8 is still in Early Access, we're still working on iconography.

[Advisable] Section titles in capital letters - why? Make the selection with color, bold, background color, whatever you like. Many products have a peculiar name (ESXi, pfSense, etc.).

It's generally intended that the fields are more for information about a subset of an item, so in your case, pfSense would be its own login item, and ESXi would be another.

[Advisable] The left side of the application (in blue) literally asks itself to be made transparent. Add your own blur or use acrylic if possible.

I've added using acrylic on the sidebar to match 1Password 8 for Mac Early Access as a feature request.

[Advisable] I have not seen any animation in the application. Nowhere. Smooth transitions, fading, etc. It was like I teleported 20 years ago.

Similarly to iconography, animations is something we're looking at and exploring as we move closer to a full release.

Thank you very much for writing all of this up! :smile:

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#5958
    ref: dev/core/core#5810
    ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#952
    ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#953

• Mystic
    Mystic
    Community Member
    Options

I started to migrate my accounts to 1password and in general I found a solution to some problems.
    Created templates that I just clone for new elements.
    I made the division of the sections more explicit for myself with the help of emoji. Etc.
    I hope you will replace the tray icon for the release, as I literally can't look at it.
    I replaced the application icon from deviantart.
    I hope it will be possible to change logos soon in version 8, this is incredibly important for new users, you should understand this. And because of the news about the redesign and so on, the 8th version has a huge number of new users. And I'm sure many of them have given up on 1P due to the lack of things like reordering and the inability to change the logo.
    Thank you for the attention. This service quite a bit separates from "not bad" to "perfect". Good luck. I hope I risked it not in vain.

• You're very welcome @Mystic!

This discussion has been closed.