Ability to ignore weak passwords on sites with other additional complex login steps

michaelellisone
michaelellisone
Community Member

Bank sites in particular often have simple short passwords but several other additional security stages for login, face ID, card details, memorable names, letters from memorable names etc. It would be helpful if 1Password would offer a user option to ignore ie not flag these sites as having weak passwords. Other password apps offer this facility.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44 Beta
Extension Version: 2.06
OS Version: Mac 11.5.2 ans iOS 15.0

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021

Hi @michaelellisone!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• thesun
    thesun
    Community Member

As a general solution, it would be nice if individual Watchtower alerts could simply be ignored. They would just be hidden but maybe with a toggle to show them. Then the user can decide what to ignore based upon their specific situation.

Some specific things relevant for me:

• I keep track of expired things, for example, old passport numbers. I don't need to be alerted that they're expired.
    • Some of the 2FA alerts may not be accurate. In particular, Adobe no longer allows you to sign up for TOTP as they are pushing their own 2FA app.
    • Purposely weak passwords, for example, I have a Google account that I use for logging into public computers, primarily so I can email documents to it to print.
    • Unfortunately sometimes you end up with dead accounts that you can log into but can't actually interact with fully. For example, I had an old T-Mobile account. I can still log in but can't actually do anything. Some financial sites also work this way when you no longer have a product with them or it's been paid off. I like to keep track of these things but it's annoying to be reminded about them when there is a Watchtower warning as there's nothing that can be done.
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

Excellent suggestion, @thesun. We do want to do something like that, but we need to develop ways of managing that for items that are shared among multiple people. Patty and Molly (a couple of my dogs) might share a vault, but just as they might want to have different favorites within that vault, they might want different sorts of Watch Tower notifications. So it turns out that the simplest approach to all of these won't quite work. And that is why I can't make any promises about such a feature.

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member

@jpgoldberg could you not just compromise and make it so that notifications can only be ignored for items within the personal vault? at least it gives some flexibility. And I don't know about anyone else, but things like banking and items I want to be able to 'dismiss' aren't ones I would be sharing anyway?

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

@jpgoldberg Thanks for this explanation. It seems you need some kind of additional store for every user that customizes the view of (shared) entries in a vault for this user.

This discussion has been closed.