Locked out and need help please

Options
jasonwin
jasonwin
Community Member

Hello,

I've tried messaging support but their response time is pretty long considering. I have a team member account yet I'm the only person on the team, I wanted to see the feature set for my client base.

Due to some unusual circumstances I've had to go through and change a number of my passwords and one of them being my Master Password on my 1password account. I changed it from my cell phone which was the best option I had at the time. Somehow I mistyped the changed master password twice and now I'm locked out of my passwords and 2fa codes for all of my accounts. Even my forum account is brand new because I don't. have access to it. (recovery codes would be nice right about now)

Somehow by 1 fluke chance, I was able to login from my laptop but the application then crashed and wouldn't allow me to use my fingerprint to login and required the master password again. Since then I've spent the last 3 days trying as many varying combinations of the Master Password I think it was without any luck. Time has run out and I need to get back to work as I'm falling severely behind.

Luckily, I did make an export of the entire password database. I have a .1pif file from right before this happened.

If I delete my current database/account and use this 1pif file to restore, will it be exactly as it was previously using this 1pif file?

Thanks,
Jason

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: latest

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hello @jasonwin! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your 1Password data. I've sent a reply to the ticket that you have open with us, please continue the conversation there. I'm locking this thread so that we can avoid duplicating efforts.

This discussion has been closed.