Bug? Two-factor authentication

Options

Perhaps a bug, or doesn't make sense anyway.
When you dismiss the 2FA message and press "Don't Save in 1Password", it automatically adds a tag for 2FA.
If you've dismissed 2FA, it should not show up with a 2FA tag...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PeterThornton!

This is a way to avoid an item from showing up in Watchtower: if you dismiss the 2FA message, 1Password assumes that you enabled 2FA for this website using a third-party authenticator, and Watchtower would show you a warning for missing 2FA. By adding this tag, this warning is removed :)

• PeterThornton
    PeterThornton
    Community Member
    Options

I understand, but dismissing it adds the tag 2FA - which it shouldn't;...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PeterThornton:

I agree, this is something that was added some time ago as a quick way to dismiss warnings, but I know the team is thinking about ways to make the process better in the future, without using tags :+1:

• PeterThornton
    PeterThornton
    Community Member
    Options

IMHO the 2FA tag should show only items that have the 2FA field enabled within 1Password. Perhaps a header could be added to the actual card for the item under the title that says "2FA Available" or something like that. Alternatively, have 2 tags -one for 2FA Enabled and another for 2FA Available. I'd say a user definitely needs to be able to easily look up entries that only have 2FA enabled incase they ever need to change to another authentication method.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @PeterThornton, I have passed it to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

Perhaps a header could be added to the actual card for the item under the title that says "2FA Available" or something like that.

This is already available. Here is a screenshot for you of what it looks like:

This discussion has been closed.