RAM Usage 1P8 vs 1P7 on BigSur & some comments

Options

I installed the latest beta of 1P8 and the RAM usage is 3x more than 1P7. All 1P8 processes take around 350MB on my iMac and when using 1P7 only 120MB.
I do not want to discuss again about Electron, and I also do not know what you can do about it, but if you are planing to offer an app that requires three times as much resources as the one it replaces, you better offer three times more features as well, otherwise this is a downgrade, a regression and not an update.

As far as the UI concerns, I am sorry but it's awful on the Mac. It doesn't feel right. Scrolling is like scrolling in Windows and not on a Mac. You also have a lot of empty space that is not used..The preferences window is modal and the close button on the right (why??)
Overall, this is a regression and I fail to see the benefits of 1P8 for a Mac user (please do not mention cross platform- I only use 1P on Mac & iOS). If you could be so kind to enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• m4rkw
    m4rkw
    Community Member
    Options

It's pretty simple, they've realised that the new features coming to iCloud Keychain this year are going to sherlock most of the basic functionality of 1P and so most people with typical use-cases won't need it anymore. Enterprise is where the money is so they're doing what they need to do to survive and innovate rapidly for that market, they don't really care about the mac experience anymore.

This discussion has been closed.