Can't add second account in Brave extension

Options

The ver. 8 desktop app is logged into both my work account (a teams account) and my personal account. The Brave extension has me logged into only my work account. When I try to add my personal account to the extension, it walks me through a dialog asking if I'm signed in anywhere else. If I say yes, it loads the version 8 app, where I'm already signed in to both accounts, but throws up a modal window, asking me to add the account anyway. If I choose the option that I'm not logged in anywhere else, it sends me to a page asking me to find my Emergency Kit. If I say I found it, it jumps me back to the app, where I'm already logged into both accounts, and the modal window pops up asking me to add the new account (which is already added in the app). So I have no way to add the second account to Brave.

I tried removing and re-adding the extension, and get the same behavior.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: 11.5.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cyberskier!

The ver. 8 desktop app is logged into both my work account (a teams account) and my personal account. The Brave extension has me logged into only my work account.

Can you confirm if you have desktop app integration enabled in the extension settings?

• cyberskier
    cyberskier
    Community Member
    Options

That is on, yes. Could a VPN affect it? Because when I went to look at the setting, which was on, I also saw that the other account was now present. The only thing that changed, aside from the passage of time, was that I turned off a VPN in testing something else.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cyberskier:

Thank you for the confirmation! I don't believe a VPN could have something to do with this, but I have found another similar discussion on the forum. It sounds like the issue is the same, and the user posted a suggestion that fixed the issue for them. Do you mind giving that a quick try too and see if that helps?

• cyberskier
    cyberskier
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, @ag_ana. I do have "On all sites" selected, so I don't think that is it.

Since it showed up after a delay, I'm all good. I keep an eye on things to see if the issue reappears.

• Blake
    Options

I'm glad to hear that things seemed to have worked themselves out. Definitely let us know if you run into this again! 💙

This discussion has been closed.