Watchtower list behavior after delete seems wrong?

Options

If you run watchtower in the new Mac 8 beta, and then select from any of the various reports, you get a list of entries from that report. If you select a row to work on it, and say delete an entry, it goes back to the master list, and completely forgets it is in a watchtower report. This requires reselecting the watchtower node, re-selecting the report, and scrolling down to the prior location. I would expect after deleting a row, i would go back to the report location i was in.

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 11.5.2

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @gardnervh!

Thank you for reporting this! Our developer have an open issue to look at this, so this is definitely already on their radar :)

ref: dev/core/core#8775

• gardnervh
    gardnervh
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, this is just one of the challenges of using the current version. the experience of using this version is not where it should be for such a key product in a public beta. With issues like this, also "open and fill" not working, generating and filling passwords only filling the confirmation field many times, generating passwords not copying them to the clipboard, search within a single vault seemingly always searching all vaults, scrolling not "rubber banding" properly, it feel like perhaps the core business logic is performing properly, but the user interface choice feels "unsteady on its pins". To me as a fellow mac developer, this has the feeling of something where the 1password signature feeling of stability and naturalness are going to be difficult to achieve in the short to medium term, and that's a sad feeling. Unfortunately, the story of 1password 8 is not about features, that discussion is totally lost. it has become a story on 1password technical choices, and not generally in a positive way.

I hope the team is not blinded by "get there itis" where the goal of finishing at all costs blinds the team to making difficult choices. The current path seems motivated mostly by internal concerns, and the technical choices are tradeoffs of how much customer-facing features it is ok to backslide on in order to satisfy internal technical goals.

I will try to continue using 1password 8, assuming it starts making rapid progress toward removing all the obstacles that are popping up. The ones i found are things obvious after only minutes of use, which, if indicative of fit-and-finish quality everywhere have me concerned, yet hopeful that the team takes a moment to ask itself if it feels it is on the proper path.

Sorry to take your response as an opportunity to rant, 1password is such a part of my basic toolset that seeing it struggle is concerning,

This discussion has been closed.