Update

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi,

This is my first question on this forum.
I check my apps on iphone and ipads manually every day ..sometimes more than once.
The reason is that the app updates should go automatically but not as fast I want. (I see this on many ios apple devices)
Is it a problem that I miss a update for a few days? Even when I update manually in the morning I notice there is a update in the evening (like version 777).

Regards,

F

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Update

Comments

• Hello @F_9083x! 👋

We just released 1Password for iOS version 7.7.7 today and I myself didn't see it as available for my iPhone until I just checked again about an hour ago. You can make sure that your iPhone is configured to automatically update your apps by doing the following:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap on App Store.
    3. Turn on "App Updates".

If your iPhone takes an extra few hours or a day to update the app that won't cause any issues with your ability to keep using 1Password on your iPhone. And you can always check to see if there is a new update by checking our release notes: 1Password for iOS Release Notes

I hope that helps. :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave_1p,****

Thank you for your reply,

Updates are set on automatic on all my devices.
    I will continue to check manually as well (as a workaround and check the updates by the link you provided)
    Imagine I still miss an update (for a week) will that have an efect on the ****security**** of 1password (safety and encryption of passwords etc.) or is it all about functionality?

(By the way when I use signal , it warns me that there's an update available)

Regards,

F

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@F_9083x:

It is not a problem if you don't update 1Password immediately. I see the same thing on my iOS device where app updates are sometimes downloaded a few hours later, or at night :+1:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana,

Thanks for your comment. The automatic update feature is sometimes not so quick, I notice that on different devices at home and outside (already talked to apple about it) Normally I don’t wait for for IOS to update automaticallly and do it manually.
    Just curious what is the worst thing that can happen to the security of my 1password if the update would be any longer than a few days to max a week from the day the update is available. So longer than a few hours or 1 day…

Regards,

ED

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@F_9083x:

Just curious what is the worst thing that can happen to the security of my 1password if the update would be any longer than a few days to max a week from the day the update is available. So longer than a few hours or 1 day…

Probably nothing. The issues start appearing if you don't update iOS and your apps for months. If it's a matter of days, I don't think the extra stress would be very beneficial :)

This discussion has been closed.