Window shadow is incorrect and misses active/inactive state

Options

Hi,

I've been trying out 1password 8 for Windows, and I have noticed that the main window's shadow is a bit off (probably due to custom window chrome, like spotify) and that it misses an active/inactive state.

Here are screenshots of explorer (which in true microsoft fashion, doesn't do the proper thing in the focused state as it's missing the 1px black border) and the Settings app, showing the focused/out of focus state.

Explorer Focused
Explorer Out of focus

Settings Focused

Settings Out of focus

And here is 1password:

I noticed the following differences:

• The shadow is a bit too small (as if the window that's casting the shadow is smaller than the actual window) and doesn't change when focused/unfocused. Yes, the shadow looks "good enough", but doesn't actually match Windows'.
  • Lacks 1px border with a color difference when active inactive. Those borders are very important to be able to tell windows apart.
  • Hovering the close button shows an incorrect shade of red. This is very nitpicky, sorry about that :)

I don't have colored borders enabled but if I enable them, it's also broken: 1password should show a 1px border around the Window with my accent color. Instead, it does nothing.

All of this applies to Windows 10. Windows 11 has a different design language, but I won't bother as it's still in early betas and will probably change. It also looks like the OS is more aggressively enforcing this kind of stuff itself (as it should).

Have a nice day,

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1

This discussion has been closed.