Touch ID usability issue

Options
johndavidson
johndavidson
Community Member
edited August 2021 in Mac

I've just started using a Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and have encounter an issue where the Touch ID dialog looses focus and the Touch ID doesn't work until I click on that dialog again. Is there some way to make that retain focus, even if I try to click away from it?

1Password Version: 7.8.7
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @johndavidson!

Is there some way to make that retain focus, even if I try to click away from it?

Can you please clarify this? Is the dialog losing focus only when you click away from it?

• johndavidson
    johndavidson
    Community Member
    Options

I just reproduced the problem, though it seems intermittent. When a web page is asking for a login, I hit . The 1password login dialogue comes up, as well as the touch dialog. However, sometimes the focus shifts immediately to the 1Password login and away from the touch dialog. This means I need to click on the touch dialog before the touch on the sensor will register.
    It doesn't happen all the time, and it doesn't seem to be linked to the website. Usually everything works as expected, but this issue happens enough to be annoying.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johndavidson:

Thank you for the clarification! I was able to reproduce this issue on my machine, so I will open an internal issue so that the developers can look at this :)

ref: apple-5135

• johndavidson
    johndavidson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Good to hear it wasn't just some idiosyncrasy of my install. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @johndavidson :) It is difficult to reproduce, but I managed to make it happen somehow ;)

This discussion has been closed.