Firefox extension Touch ID and login issue

Hi, I recently updated for the early access of 1p8 on my Mac, it's been going pretty well so far until this weekend, now I have an issue with my browser extension on Firefox 91.0.1 : when I click on it, it does open the extension window but with a loading screen that lasts up to 15-20s (picture attached , and when it's done loading it prompts me for my password, I cannot use Touch ID. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it via the 1p8 desktop app, I checked the settings and "Integrate with 1Password app" is activated, and Touch ID works fine on the desktop app.
Thank for your help and have a nice day
Cheers
Valentin

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: 11.5.2 (20G95)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @valentincoindreau!

I checked the settings and "Integrate with 1Password app" is activated, and Touch ID works fine on the desktop app.

Can you please try toggling that setting on and off once, and perhaps relaunching the 1Password desktop app once as well, and see if that helps?

• valentincoindreau
    valentincoindreau
    Community Member

Thank you for your answer.
    I already tried that, but I just tried it again for good measure, the issue persists.
    I should add that after the extension has been launched and unlocked at least once, the opening is instantaneous as long as I keep Firefox opened. If I quit Firefox and re-open it, the loading screen comes back (it just did for a good 30 seconds, and I checked, my connection is fine).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@valentincoindreau:

Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• valentincoindreau
    valentincoindreau
    Community Member

Here's the ticket number : [#CYZ-44769-163]
    Firefox updated to 91.0.2 today, and since then I can't seem to reproduce the loading screen issue, the extension opens up immediately, but I'm still not able to use Touch ID
    Tell me if you need anything more

• @valentincoindreau

It looks like we are awaiting a reply from you. Please keep the conversation going with my colleague Nhat, to prevent duplication of efforts.

ref: CYZ-44769-163

• valentincoindreau
    valentincoindreau
    Community Member

Oops you're right sorry

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No worries @valentincoindreau, we can continue via email anytime :)

This discussion has been closed.