Why can't I select which vault to get suggestions from in the Firefox extension?

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited August 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I only want suggestions from my own personal vault in the Firefox extension; not from vaults from family members.

Often the configuration dialog only offers "All Vaults". Sometimes it shows all my vaults, but when I select "Personal Vault" the setting immediately reverts to "All Vaults".

Can you please fix this?

1Password Version: 8.2.0-56.BETA
Extension Version: Firefox 2.1.0
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1

Comments

• Hi @XIII, your request has been noted! I have passed it on to our developers for consideration as development proceeds. Thank you! 🙏

ref: dev/core/core#9679

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

It's not a change request; it's a problem report...

Do you need additional info to clarify this?

• ag_mike_d
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hi @XIII!

Often the configuration dialog only offers "All Vaults". Sometimes it shows all my vaults, but when I select "Personal Vault" the setting immediately reverts to "All Vaults".

Can you let us know what you mean "the setting immediately reverts to "All Vaults"? Are you saying this is happening while the browser is still open? I'm not currently seeing this behaviour unless I close the browser completely. We do have an open issue for this to allow 1Password in the browser to maintain the selected vault view between browser restarts. In the meantime, I've added your details to this open issue.

Additionally, if you don’t want to see suggestions from other family vaults, you are able to disable them. You can find this option by right-clicking the 1Password icon then Settings and scroll all the way down to Accounts & Vaults. Then toggle off Include in All Vaults for the vaults you do not want to see.

ref: /dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#570

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, missed your reply…

It happens between browser restarts.

The fact that I use Cookie to clean up cookies might make this worse and unfortunately I can’t seem to find any 1Password cookies to whitelist.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @XIII ,

The view selector indeed resets to "All Vaults" between browsers restart. That selection only affects the logins you see when you open the extension, but it does not affect the suggestions you see inside usernames/password fields.

If you want a more permanent way to hide certain vaults from the view selector and from the inline suggestions, right-click the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings", then scroll to the bottom of the settings page and turn off the undesired vaults there. That'll hide them from "All Vaults" and from the inline suggestions.

Keep in mind that clearing your cookies will reset the extension's settings though so you might need to turn the vaults off in the extension's settings page if the settings were reset.

• burnwa
    burnwa
    Community Member
    Options

I thought to start another thread, but noticed this slightly old post.

Is the reset to "All Vaults" a design choice or something you've yet to get to in development? I'd like to make a feature request to remember that setting. It is a constant annoyance that I'd like addressed. Pretty please.

The previous extension did remember the vault selection, so at some point that was considered the right decision. Going into settings to redefine "All Vaults" is a very awkward workaround since I do often change the vault choice.

Ideally, the extension should mirror the app if the extension is set to communicate with it. Then the extension could even use the vault collection (a brilliant piece of functionality) that the app sets. But, I'm only requesting a baby step at this time.

• @burnwa

I can see the value of having 1Password in your browser maintain the selected vault view between browser restarts. While I can't say for sure when or if this will be available, I've shared your feature request with the appropriate team so they can take it into consideration. :smile:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#570

• burnwa
    burnwa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much.

• @burnwa

You are most welcome!

This discussion has been closed.