1password firefox extension is painfully slow

I am having a really abysmal experience running 1password in firefox on a 2019 macbook air. It takes 30+ seconds, blink the 'open 1 password' prompt in the browser, the 1password app icon up in the taskbar, a brief freeze, before finally actually kinda working. I don't remember it always being like this but it's completely unusable at this point. Is there something wrong with my install? I feel like 1password is getting in the way more than it's helping, something my spouse has said since day 1 of us switching. What am I supposed to do?

When searching to determine what version I was running, it appears I was running the beta. I removed that and installed the lastest "stable" release and it won't open at all. Perfect. I guess it won't get in the way of literally every single drop down on the entire internet.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @sumptersmartt ,

You definitely should not need to wait 30+ seconds for 1Password to show up/unlock.
    Since you didn't provide much info about your setup, can you please answer the following:

• Which operating system are you using? Mac? Windows? Linux?
    • What is the 1Password desktop app's version?
    • What is the 1Password extension version in your browser?
    • What is your browser's version?
    • After 1Password finally unlocks, is everything working normally? If you lock it back up, then try to unlock it immediately, do you have to wait another 30+ seconds or does it open properly?
This discussion has been closed.