Is there anyway to 'exclude' a vault from the WatchTower?

Options

I won't go into too much detail because I think it's pretty self explanatory, but I have a vault for my work accounts and a vault for my personal stuff. I can't control the passwords for work and they're poor and repeated because it makes too much sense to keep company accounts secure... :|

Anyway, I'd love it if I can use Watchtower for just one vault or exclude vaults that I don't care about. Is there a way? If not, can I request this feature to be implemented in the new version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vahdyx!

At the moment it's not possible to exclude vaults from Watchtower checks I am afraid, but I see how it would be useful to you in this scenario. I will let the developers know about this :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• jcwacky
    jcwacky
    Community Member
    Options

There does appear to be a workaround for this. In 1Password 7 you could select a vault before using Watchtower, but now you select a vault "Collection" and by default it shows your "Account Collection" which just contains all your vaults.

But if you click on this account collection (top left), and go to "Manage Collections", you can create a new "Personal" collection and select just your personal vault to include in it. Now, before using Watchtower, simply switch over to this collection!

• Collections are really quite powerful as you've discovered @jcwacky. Thanks for adding your input to this!

This discussion has been closed.