VoiceOver: Labeling of dropdown menus

Options

Hello,

Below are issues I have found related to dropdown and/or pop up menus.
There are several dropdown menus that need to be labeled, which will really help with navigation as a VoiceOVer user.
As an example, the "New Item" menu is labeled and easily identified.

Here are a few menus that are not clearly labeled or have labeled that do not clearly reflect their purpose:
•Help menu - I believe this is the help menu as it contains categories such as "WHat's New," "Getting Started," etc.
•There is a control, identified by VoiceOVer as "list box pop up collapsed button." This control presents filtering options. Maybe this is a filter options button?
•There is a control " Personal dialog pop up collapsed button" that seems to have an option to move the item with focus.
I'm not clear what this menu provides unless it contains options for the item with focus such as moving between vaults etc.
•The menu providing options for moving, duplicating, etc. is not labeled.
•There is another pop up menu that has an option to reveal the information in large type, which Is missing a label. Actually there are a few of these menus and it seems they are context sensitive and revealing the information in large type is one of several options based on the item in focus.
Maybe go through and look at all the various types of pop up menus, dropdown menus.

Thank you

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.0-56.BETA 80200056, on BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Scott_05,

Thanks so much for testing out 1Password 8, we really appreciate it. Additionally thanks so much for your detailed feedback letting us know where 1Password is missing information.

I can tell you our team was actually working on fixing up the issues you brought up today, the developers actually are / were doing what you described going through each dropdown, menu, pop-up menus, etc. to make sure they are labeled properly and the announced function matches what you can do.

While they were working on it today, when the improvements will show up in a beta is a completely different question. Hopefully the fixes will be out sooner rather than later.

Thanks again for testing out 1Password 8 and writing in.

ref: dev/core/core#9616

• Scott_05
    Scott_05
    Community Member
    Options

Joshua, thank you. Good to know my timing is spot on. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Joshua, you are welcome @Scott_05 :)

This discussion has been closed.