1Password 8 Beta Crashes on Launch

Options

Hi,

I have installed 1P8 beta multiple times on my macOS Big Sur ( MacBook Pro 13" 2017). Yet, each time when I try to open the app, it crashes and closes right away. I have not been able to use it at all. I tried the most recent version of the beta and still have the same results. Kindly advice. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.3.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jareality!

OS Version: macOS 11.3.1

We can look at some logs, but before we do that, can you try updating to macOS 11.5.2 and see if that helps?

• jareality
    jareality
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back @ag_ana. I tried updating to 11.5.2 and that still didn't help. Here's a link to the crash log for your review. Kindly advise on what to do next. Thank you.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2021
    Options

@jareality

The log shows SIP is disabled. Can you try enabling SIP on your device and let me know if this alleviates the issue/crash. The last user in this situation it did help.

• jareality
    jareality
    Community Member
    Options

That fixed it for me! Thanks @ag_tommy ! I hope re-disabling SIP won't break it again.

• Ben
    Options

@jareality

You're probably already aware of this, but I'd recommend reading this guide from Apple before disabling SIP. It provides some important protections for your Mac that you lose out on without it.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204899

Ben

This discussion has been closed.