Can I still fill fields with Shortcut key

Options

Hi,
I used to simply press Command-\ to enter my credentials when logging into a site. Nowadays it seems I need to actually click a button to activate 1-password, and then unlock to make it work. And almost every field I try to enter (even when entering random data in forms) I get an annoying 1-password popup asking if I want to use 1-password to fill the field. This seems to be some sort of new functionality, but I really don't find it improving my usability... Can this be turned off, or can I set it to the previous way of working or something?

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: MacOS 11.4
Referrer: forum-search:Shortcut key Chrome

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ankabout!

Version 2.0.5 of the 1Password browser extension does not use keyboard shortcuts to fill items: instead, it shows you the suggestions just below the form field that it can fill.

If you would like to go back to the previous behavior, you can download the classic extension instead:

Get the 1Password classic extension

• Ankabout
    Ankabout
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, thanks for the quick response. Is this a sign that the "classic" extension is on the way out, or just 2 different ways of working?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ankabout:

You are welcome! All development is now going towards the new 1Password in the browser extension (the one you are currently using), so that would be the best choice moving forward. Perhaps in the future our developers can consider adding a keyboard shortcut to the new extension too though, so I will let the developers know that you would like to see this feature :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#41

• Ankabout
    Ankabout
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, please do, as well as some sort of control over which form fields the popup shows up for. I used this for 2 days now, and it drove me mad. Every form I opened, some random field got a popup, and it blocked the view of the other fields.
    And then of course the clicking vs shortcut-keys as you mentioned, as it can be much slower to have to click every time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ankabout:

Yes, please do

Done :+1:

as well as some sort of control over which form fields the popup shows up for.

You can already hide 1Password on a specific page if you prefer:

This discussion has been closed.