How to get rid of Google Chromes Password Suggestion?

rosenkrieger
rosenkrieger
Community Member
edited August 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

In Google Chrome when I visit a website where I have a password saved within Google Chrome it gives me the suggestions, underneath I can see the 1Password Window.

I have set Google Chrome to let 1Password handle all passwords, so is there a way to get rid of this Google Chrome Window? I ONLY want 1Password to show up, as I sometimes cannot even see the 1P window because I have a few entries in Google Chrome.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rosenkrieger!

I have set Google Chrome to let 1Password handle all passwords, so is there a way to get rid of this Google Chrome Window? I ONLY want 1Password to show up, as I sometimes cannot even see the 1P window because I have a few entries in Google Chrome.

Yes, you can turn off the suggestions in the Chrome settings:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

• rosenkrieger
    rosenkrieger
    Community Member

Problem is. It IS TURNED OFF, but obviously ignored and still showing up in Google Chrome :-(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rosenkrieger:

Do you perhaps have some passwords stored in Chrome? I remember some time ago a case where the option was turned off, but since Chrome still had some passwords and email addresses stored, it kept offering them until they were removed from the list.

• rosenkrieger
    rosenkrieger
    Community Member

Yes there are still passwords in Chrome from "back then" I will delete them and see what happens, thanks for the tip.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @rosenkrieger, let us know how it goes :)

This discussion has been closed.