Feature Request: Create new Vaults without any other member notice it

yichi_lin
yichi_lin
Community Member

In the family subscription, I would like to have my own Vaults which are only visible to me. The use case is to categorize my credentials from personal to work. I can easily manage such as delete entire Vaults.

But I don't want my other family members to see what Vaults I created.
In the current version, it's not possible. They can see you have this Vault but they cannot see the context.

Maybe we can have a personal space for the Vaults that keep only for us, while a family space that you can create any Vault and share to other members.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yichi_lin!

Thank you for the suggestion! Just so I make sure I understood the request correctly: are you referring to some sort of "hidden" vault inside the Families account you are a member of?

• yichi_lin
    yichi_lin
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

Hi @ag_ana,

The main use case is that for example I want to have personal vault and work vault separate.
    So I can manage the work vault easier. eg. delete entire vault if I leave the company, search some credentials in work vault.
    And for my work vault, I don't want my family members to aware that I have a vault about work.

The above scenario seems not possible to achieve in family solution. If there is a way to do it please let me know.

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the clarification @yichi_lin. I am not aware of a way of doing this at the moment, so I will pass this to the team as a suggestion, perhaps this is something that they can consider in the future :+1:

This discussion has been closed.